I’ve been debating the age old question “To Blog Me or Not To Blog Me” as of late. When Studio Scrapping was over at Blogger, it made sense to keep it a scrapbooking only blog. I was using it for my Close To My Heart business, so I wanted to keep the focus on scrapbooking. Yet, once I made the decision to purchase the amyulen domain, something happened in my mind. I am so much more than a Close To My Heart Consultant. My life’s focus isn’t being a business person. I’m a teacher. Period. Honestly, that’s it. I’m a teacher! I love teaching people about the art of memory keeping. I love to show them fun stamping techniques. Yet, that’s not all. I love teaching students, teachers, and other interested adults about Shakespeare! I love incorporating technology into everything I do. I love teaching online and am developing a new course over at Curious. I love talking about young adult literature, Star Trek, scrapbooking, and Shakespeare. Oh, have I mentioned those two already? I have a scrapbook about how much I love Shakespeare! Nerd alert–I also have a scrapbook about all the Star Trek stars I’ve met and experiences I’ve had! Did you know I was on an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise?
To Blog Me
That’s my answer. I don’t have many followers, so if you come across this post, I would love to read your thoughts about it. I’m totally okay with talking to myself as this is going to be my one-stop-memory-keeping-spot, but it is far more fun when it is a conversation.
Coming Soon To a Blog Near You
I’m going to start a list of the things I want to update/change/add:
- Add more categories to the blog to better represent my interests.
- Blog more frequently about topics that interest me.
- Update the My Story section to add information about me as a teacher, Shakespeare enthusiast, and Star Trek geek.
- Convert Shakespeare High to a WordPress and add it to this site (I’ll still keep the Shakespeare High domain name!).
- I’m sure I’ll think of more later, but this is plenty to get me started. I only have a few weeks of summer left, so I better not waste time!