I had such a great time creating the Close To My Heart Canvas Art Workshop on the Go with the Croppin’ Cuties this morning! I really hope that Close To My Heart continues to come out with home décor projects like this. I also hope that they start offering this 12×12 canvas as a stand-alone item in the new Idea Book! I would love a whole series of these on my wall.
One of the great things about this kit is that it comes with two sheets of Dimensional Elements that coordinate with each other. That gave us all a lot of flexibility in choosing the shapes we would use on our projects. I’m hanging this is my family room which is yellow and green, so the blue/green/brown color combo worked best for me. I now have all the left over red and yellow Dimensional Elements shapes to add to a scapbook layout or cards.
In addition to being really easy to put together, we found that the kit worked for a variety of photos. We had themes as varied as travel, children (including fur babies), and spouses (including Then & Now photos).
The other thing that I love, love, LOVE about this kit is the stamp set! It is absolutely perfect for scrapbooking! I made a box of Project Life style journaling cards as soon as I got this stamp set. Now I use it on almost all of my layouts because I love the way the arrows draw attention to my journaling. I can’t believe I haven’t posted my Project Life cards on the blog…I know I have posted photos on my Instagram. The Croppin’ Cuties are doing Project Life cards next month, so I’ll get them posted before then.
- Use Finishing Files to remove the little “nubbies” from the Dimensional Elements before stamping.
- Stamp immediately as pigment ink takes a little time to dry.
- Place some Bonding Memories Glue on the inside edge of the back of the DE frames and then lay the frames down on the photo for perfect placement. Although I didn’t need it, I added a couple pieces of regular tape on the back of my photos just to be safe.
- The kit comes with a little Cashmere Baker’s Twine, but it also looks really good with the Chocolate Baker’s Twine from the Neutral collection.
- When placing the sparkle flourish, release the bottom from the carrier sheet first and work your way up. It also looks good to cut the flourish in 1/2 so that the bottom can stick out below the small frame.
This kit is really easy to put together on your own. You just want to make sure that you have a Cocoa pigment ink and some Liquid Glass. When you place your order, be sure to join my monthly Mystery Hostess gathering. If the sales for that month total $150 or more, you will be entered into a drawing for free Hostess Rewards!
Join a Club!
Crafting is so much more fun with friends, so let me know if you would like to start your own or join one of my clubs. Every time we meet, one of our Cuties is the hostess. She brings snacks and earns the Hostess Rewards! The clubs also get the benefit of my instruction during the workshops. I look forward to hearing from you!